Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Evolution: Student-Probate-Prefect


In my beloved school, there is an organisation that rules over the student discipline issues.
Where everyone wears their uniform in blue, where the blazers are worn on mondays, where we are set to show our most best behavior at all times. I call this organisation: The Prefectorial Board of Excellence.

In this organisation, we are suppose to cooperate and trust each other as a family. Well, within every family, there are sure to be some small quarrels between members and stupid arguements, am i right so far ?

So, i'm here to say what i've experienced from being a prefect for almost year.


At first, i wasn't keen of the idea of me as a prefect, i mean i was one of those student who makes fun of the men in blue and laugh whenever they screw-up on something that i could see..i was a total rebel to the prefects; reason being, because i was jealous of them.

At the time, the prefects were only selected from the top classes which i hated them for being the teachers pet and getting more authority by being in blue. So, one day, i received an offer from an discipline teacher to be a prefect. I laughed at first, i was saying " me ? one of them ? Hah! u gotta be kidding me..." in my head. But still knowing a selected few will only get those offers, this was a invitation i couldn't refuse.. so i took the application form and filled it up.

I had to find 3 teachers who agrees on the fact of me becoming a prefect, so i went on searching for teachers who actually understood my character as a student.. I walked all over the school and finally have all 3 signatures on the application form. I had to submit the application form myself on a discipline teacher's desk in the teacher's lounge. As i walked to submit the form, i saw a pile of prefect forms on the desk.

I thought to myself, i wouldn't make this audition..it's impossible considering how tiny my chances were compared to the rest. But still, i place my form on the top of the pile..and hope for the best.

Weeks later, i was called to present myself to the disciplinary board of my school. As i walked there, i my palm started to sweat, my heart was racing was fast as possible...i was so bloody nervous considering it was my first interview. So i was gathered at the auditorium with the other applicants, waiting for our names to be called to an interview room. I was later being called at the most professional room there is compared to some of the other interview rooms, my interview room had the school captain (Yusuf), his assistant (...i forgot) and the discipline teacher (Pn.Zaleha) of the prefectorial board.

I was asked countless questions and i managed to answer them all by my own reasons. The most trickiest thing that they asked me was: "you are going to be a prefect, and you have to listen to your exco and seniors. So if your senior wants you to pour a glass of water of you head, would u do it ?"
My answer was: "sure, ofcourse i will listen to my excos and seniors but what does pouring water on my head going to change the disciplinary conditions of this school ?"

And so, that was the best answer i could come up with. A few weeks later, the results came up to us. I was one of the probate and if i do well, i might have a good chance to be one of the prefects. So my first senior was Deepak. yes, it's the funny big ol' Mr. Deepak who was my senior, he tought me so many things about the prefect board..but he lost when it comes to teaching me the prefect song though. I couldn't stop laughing due of listening how some prefects were singing it..

Within that week, the tailor came to our school and we tried on our blazers. The guys look smart, some of the girls who wore that look like a retard. haha..jk. Navin, me and all of us were making jokes of each other's look.

Two weeks later, the probates switched seniors for the second time, this time my senior was Wardah. I couldn't find her for a couple of day because i don't know how she looks like, but i went to her class and introduced myself. Wardah didn't teach me much because most of it Deepak has already covered. So i went to duty and did the usuals for another 3 weeks until all of us was told to attend the Prefect Camp, which was a bomb! haha.. it rocks la!

On the way to the camp, we probates were singing and making so much noise in the bus. Linda, Abhi, Navin and me were so creating havoc at the back of the bus, then we took some of Abby and Debbie's snacks..awwh.. those were the days.

During the camp, we all had to learn to cooperate and show our leadership skills to the teachers and fellow prefects. I was the loudest and most annoying probate there and my companion was none other than Mr. Navin Kumar, both of us were making things go 'happening' for the rest of the prefects. The jog from the watchtower during the mornings, the jungle-tracking and not to forget, the best campfire game that made Yusuf danced and all of us acted in a play that we directed by ourselves.

A week later, us probates finally got the prefect tie and it confirms the fact we are prefects. All of us were really happy that we made it, i certainly did. I finally proved myself that i could be in blue and still don't look like a nerd, and i got a bonus too, i was appointed as the AJK Discipline II. (thanks to my friends in blue who agreed with the decision)

Then, all of the training what we as probates to prefect are being used and tested everyday for every occasion. There was also the Prefect Gathering of SMKBB which the board launched somewhen last year, the board invited all prefects from schools around KL. It was quite funny; me, Deepak, Prince, Vickram and the others were incharged of the 'water-counter strike' game which wasn't used since our timings were a little off, but in the end, it was our Prefect Board who had fun in that little game which didn't even last 20 minutes because our water supply was....owh well...*sigh*

A couple of months later, we had the 'Prefect Army Training' or something like that..it was fun, me as usual..the loudest prefect and combined with Deepak and Aji, it was a blast man! We had lots of activities and my team was the best team there. My team's name was Bravo, the members were KaJeng, Ainin, Jerome, Hakim, Ivy and other prefects (i forgot who was in my team). We went through each of the challenges and prevail every-each-one of them! haha..

A couple of months later, we welcomed the new batch of probates. It looks like history might repeat itself or maybe not, but whatever the case is...i had the best time messing with the whole school as a prefect.

To all of the form5 prefects, there's no doubt, we are the most HAPPENING prefect batch ever! haha..
I dedicate this blog entry to all of the form5 prefect who were rocking with me all these while...